Monday, May 14, 2012

Petite Pops goes to the zoo ... Canines go upscale!



So dogs don't exactly belong in a zoo, but you get the idea...

After chicken rice, 4D, bubble tea and soccer - dogs are probably next on the list of Singaporeans' favourite things.

This was done for a birthday celebration - 59 glorious years of life and living!

The birthday mommy loved dogs, and we decided we just had to make her some doggie pops.

I'm not sure what breed my doggie pops fall under (did I just create a new breed??) ... so let's call them Floppy Ears.

Floppy ears!
Shaped with teardrop cutters.

Read about Petite Pops' other zoo escapades ... Ponies and Monkeys.

Since they were going to be a delicious chocolately brown base, I made Floppy Ears out of a spongy chocolate cake. The tan coating went perfectly with the cocoa-coloured cake inside, never too much chocolate!

Check out other chocolate pops at the golf course)

On went the tiny chocolate button noses. And then the marshmellow collars, the floopy ears. After I piped their little eyes and doggie noses, they were complete.

Almost.

I decided to accessorize.

Gave one a little multi-layered hat, another couple had 2 green pigtail hair-ties.

Green's quite a good look for Floppy Ears?


A few more had their purple starburst hats tilted at an angle.

Not quite Kate Middleton :)


Special surprise touch...  chocolate chip  birthday cupcakes!



Done.

One day, I'll attempt to make pops that look like my dogs.



1 comment :

  1. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be really something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post. I will try to get the hang of it!

    ReplyDelete